Friday, July 13, 2012

Why a Failed Marriage Is Something to Be Grateful For

Do you know a failed marriage is something that you should be grateful of rather than thinking that it is the end of your world? A friend of mine told me 9 years ago she spent 8 years on a fruitless relationship and 9 years later, she spent another 6 years on a fruitless marriage. She was asking me how many years is she going to spend again if she wants a good marriage. I told her marriage is not about age and duration, it is about finding the right person.

Most of us are too busy in our daily life and how often oneself takes time to reflect? I believe everyone should find time for reflection every once in a while and to really analyze what is going on around us. If you are going through a failed marriage now, be grateful and feel thankful for it. Think it in a way that you can relearn about life and truly find time to appreciate things or people around you. Look around and see the world carefully, I am sure you are not the worst one.

Even knowing your situation is not the worst one, you may still find yourself sobbing into a pillow, wishing that all these didn't happen in the first place and hoping to hold your spouse one more time. Learn to face the reality, it takes time to recover and allow you to move forward with your life.

Every time when I think back about my past relationships, I actually find my behaviour amusing. I am really thankful for what I have gone through in the past, I really felt a better change in me. Perhaps, if I did not go through all these, I may still be the childish, selfish and bad-tempered guy. It is only through failed relationships, I grew up. I could analyze feelings and things better. I appreciate my wife and also knowing it is always a must to spice up a marriage! There was once, my ex even contacted me through Facebook, she apologized to me after breaking up a year later. She actually wrote this to me, "Hi Andrew, I have been keeping this in my heart for a very long time and would like to apologize. I actually cheated on you when we were together." Rightfully, I should feel angry. However, I did not. I even replied her "Hi ex girlfriend, thanks for telling me. I really appreciate that and hope that you are doing fine now." In fact, I felt a sense of relief and gratitude after replying. Her message actually made me to love my girlfriend which is my current wife even more. It was not long after, I proposed and married my wife. I told myself whatever mistakes I have done should not be repeated.

Even if you are going through a failed marriage or relationship now, do not give up! Give yourself a chance to learn how to handle a relationship. A successful marriage does not come easy, but it is not difficult either. You are not lacking in anything, but merely some guidance to make it through.

Click Here to discover how to repair a relationship.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment